Last Updated on November 12, 2022 by S Jason Cole
November 12, 2022 – The Excelsior Springs boys soccer team is headed back to the Missouri Class 2 Final Four after a 5-0 win over the Barstow Knights. Although the temperatures were bitterly cold, the Tigers were red hot with goals scored by Colin Kincaid, Tayvion Kennedy, Jakie Zapata, and Mason Wartner (2). The Tigers’ lock-down defense held the Knights without a goal and had the Barstow players looking deflated. Despite the unwelcoming weather, the stands were filled with dedicated fans and family there to cheer on the boys.
The Tigers face off next weekend at 5:00 PM against the Marshall Owls at World Wide Technology Soccer Park in Fenton, MO. If you plan to go you must purchase tickets on the Missouri State High School Athletic Association’s website.
Notice there wasn’t a paywall? We keep the local news free for all citizens thanks to advertisers and individual contributions!
- Excelsior Springs Scream Wow in ‘Home’ Opener
- Sheriff’s Academy Offers Unique Experience for Citizens
- Excelsior Springs Weekly News Headlines – November 27, 2022
- Orscheln Farm & Home Purchased by Tractor Supply Company
- Excelsior Springs Job Corps Unveils One-of-a-Kind Railcar Training Facility
- Aaron B. Mason Selected as Mid-Continent Public Library Director