UPDATE: 09/0722 1:32 PM – ESPD Police Chief Gregory Dull says the suspect in this case, Keith Bass, turned himself in to the Floyd County, TX Sheriff’s Department at around 1:00 PM today. We will continue to make updates as they are available.
09/07/22 7:45 AM – An overnight shooting near downtown Excelsior Springs sent two local residents to the hospital in critical condition, one of which has since died. At approximately 12:11 AM a call came across police radio dispatching officers to the area of North Main Street and Grand on the report of “gunshots fired.” Upon arrival, it was discovered that two individuals, one male, and one female, had been shot multiple times, with at least one of the victims suffering “multiple wounds to the chest.” This morning, Excelsior Springs Police Chief Gregory Dull revealed that the female victim died from her injuries. Dull said the suspect fled the scene and is still at large and assumed to be armed and dangerous. ESPD are seeking a “person of interest” for questioning, and they have reason to believe this was not a random act of violence. The initial 9-1-1 call indicated that the suspect was an ex-boyfriend of the deceased.
We will update this story with more details as they become available.
We keep the local news free thanks to advertisers and individual contributions!
- House Hunters: Excelsior Springs Edition – Police Pursue Mobile Home in Highway Drama
- Painting the Town – New Murals Installed in Downtown
- Excelsior Springs Approves License Plate Reader Technology
- LPR Services, Street Scans Highlight City Council Agenda
- School Board Meeting Opens with Tense Confrontation
- Excelsior Springs Police, Fire, EMS, and Sheriffs’ Reports for November 24, 2023