A house fire at 326 S. Kimball Ave in Excelsior Springs on Wednesday, November 8th, at approximately 11 a.m., resulted in no injuries to civilians or firefighters. According to Excelsior Springs Fire Chief Joe Maddick, the smoldering fire was attributed to a roofing project gone awry, where a torch used to apply tar inadvertently sparked the blaze.
Though the incident caused water and smoke damage, there appeared to be no major loss of personal items. The homeowner, a woman whose identity was not disclosed, will be temporarily displaced due to cleanup efforts, but she is expected to receive support from her family during this challenging time.
The quick response of the Excelsior Springs Fire Department played an important role in preventing further escalation of the situation and ensuring the safety of all involved.