Excelsior Springs Hospital, your hometown healthcare

House Fire Leaves Homeowner Displaced but Uninjured

A house fire at 326 S. Kimball Ave in Excelsior Springs on Wednesday, November 8th, at approximately 11 a.m., resulted in no injuries to civilians or firefighters. According to Excelsior Springs Fire Chief Joe Maddick, the smoldering fire was attributed to a roofing project gone awry, where a torch used to apply tar inadvertently sparked the blaze.

Though the incident caused water and smoke damage, there appeared to be no major loss of personal items. The homeowner, a woman whose identity was not disclosed, will be temporarily displaced due to cleanup efforts, but she is expected to receive support from her family during this challenging time.

The quick response of the Excelsior Springs Fire Department played an important role in preventing further escalation of the situation and ensuring the safety of all involved.

If you appreciate the value our local journalism brings to the community, please consider making a recurring contribution to the Excelsior Citizen!

House Hunters: Excelsior Springs Edition – Police Pursue Mobile Home in Highway Drama
Painting the Town – New Murals Installed in Downtown
Excelsior Springs Approves License Plate Reader Technology
LPR Services, Street Scans Highlight City Council Agenda
School Board Meeting Opens with Tense Confrontation
excelsior springs police blotter 4
Excelsior Springs Police, Fire, EMS, and Sheriffs’ Reports for November 24, 2023​

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News for and About Excelsior Springs!

Get the Excelsior Citizen e-newsletter delivered straight to your inbox each week. It’s a collection of the best news and events all focused exclusively on Excelsior Springs. No fluff just local news and information you can trust!

Free Newsletter Signup