November 20, 2022 – Saturday was full of Christmas events throughout Excelsior Springs. From the Elf Factory, where families crafted gifts, to holiday open houses at downtown businesses, a gingerbread-themed scavenger hunt sponsored by Inside Out Escape Entertainment, and Christmas dances on Broadway before the parade, everyone was getting into the holiday spirit.
The temperature may have been cold but it didn’t seem to deter spectators from the Lighted Christmas Parade organized by the Downtown Excelsior Partnership (DEP) and the Excelsior Springs Christmas Committee. In the Carolyn Schutte Pocket Park, DEP Executive Director, Lyndsey Baxter took to the stage to thank the many volunteers and introduced Mayor Sharon Powell. Powell counted down with the crowd before the lights came on throughout the downtown.
Before the parade dance performances by Fine-Hammond Dance Studio kicked things off. Crowds of people lined the streets to see the record number of parade entries which even included a couple of Camels from Nini’s Minis and Camels who partnered with Chandler Baptist Church for their entry in the parade. On-Air personalities from radio station Life 88.5 were once again on hand to emcee the parade while Beatz DJ service (Zac Wilkins) provided tunes at the pocket park to help set the atmosphere. What an excellent way to start the Christmas Season!
We keep the local news free thanks to advertisers and individual contributions!
- Excelsior Springs Police, Fire, EMS, and Sheriffs’ Reports for Sept. 22, 2023
- Council Recap: Utility Adjustments and Artistic Appreciation
- Clay County Public Health Center: A Beacon of Health and Innovation for 70 Years
- Fire Department Commemorates New Pumper with Traditional Wetting Ceremony
- Fresh From the Market: September 20, 2023
- No Hate Tour Brings High-Flying Moves and Anti-Bullying Message to ESHS