Last Updated on May 21, 2023 by Excelsior Citizen
The Missouri Highway Patrol is providing the following details regarding a recent traffic incident that occurred on May 14, 2023, in Ray County.
At approximately 10:10 AM, a collision took place on MO 10 at Pisgah Cemetery Road, involving two vehicles. The vehicles involved were a 2011 Ford and a 2014 Buick. The Ford sustained moderate damage and was towed by Shoemakers, while the Buick incurred total damage and was towed by Riteway.
The driver of the Ford, identified as Savanna R McCutchen, a 20-year-old female from Rayville, Missouri, did not have any safety devices in use at the time of the incident. The driver of the Buick was Tom Kerr, a 76-year-old male from Excelsior Springs, Missouri, had the necessary safety devices in place.
Injuries were reported as a result of the accident. Deborah Kerr, a 70-year-old female and passenger in the Buick, sustained moderate injuries and was transported to Liberty Hospital by Ray County EMS. Tom Kerr, the driver of the Buick, suffered minor injuries but was treated at the scene.
The accident occurred when the driver of the Ford failed to slow down for traffic and subsequently overtook and struck the rear of the Buick.
Additional miscellaneous information about the incident can be found on the Missouri Highway Patrol’s website here.
We keep the local news free thanks to advertisers and individual contributions!
- Baseball Tigers Head to Final Four, Eyeing Championship Title
- The Battle for Stone Crossing: Neighbors Unite to Strike Down Short-Term Rentals
- Lawson Man Dies in Three-Vehicle Crash East of Excelsior Springs
- Excelsior Springs Pays Tribute to Fallen Heroes in Memorial Day Ceremony
- Citizen Spotlight: Alice Stowe Turns 102!
- Lake Maurer Retreat Center Celebrates 100th Anniversary with Fun-Filled Day!