The Missouri Highway Patrol is providing the following details regarding a recent traffic incident that occurred on May 14, 2023, in Ray County.
At approximately 10:10 AM, a collision took place on MO 10 at Pisgah Cemetery Road, involving two vehicles. The vehicles involved were a 2011 Ford and a 2014 Buick. The Ford sustained moderate damage and was towed by Shoemakers, while the Buick incurred total damage and was towed by Riteway.
The driver of the Ford, identified as Savanna R McCutchen, a 20-year-old female from Rayville, Missouri, did not have any safety devices in use at the time of the incident. The driver of the Buick was Tom Kerr, a 76-year-old male from Excelsior Springs, Missouri, had the necessary safety devices in place.
Injuries were reported as a result of the accident. Deborah Kerr, a 70-year-old female and passenger in the Buick, sustained moderate injuries and was transported to Liberty Hospital by Ray County EMS. Tom Kerr, the driver of the Buick, suffered minor injuries but was treated at the scene.
The accident occurred when the driver of the Ford failed to slow down for traffic and subsequently overtook and struck the rear of the Buick.
Additional miscellaneous information about the incident can be found on the Missouri Highway Patrol’s website here.
We keep the local news free thanks to advertisers and individual contributions!
- House Hunters: Excelsior Springs Edition – Police Pursue Mobile Home in Highway Drama
- Painting the Town – New Murals Installed in Downtown
- Excelsior Springs Approves License Plate Reader Technology
- LPR Services, Street Scans Highlight City Council Agenda
- School Board Meeting Opens with Tense Confrontation
- Excelsior Springs Police, Fire, EMS, and Sheriffs’ Reports for November 24, 2023